9.07.2008

Relief

After spending all weekend in DS we were anxious to get back to our house to see if we had power.  Yesterday my mom and sister told me they were working on our lines.  So I was hoping Sunday we'd have power.  Let me just say as soon as we opened the front door the cool breeze hit us.  It was then that I knew this reality was cleaning up for us.  Our neighborhood is one 2 different grids apparently.  Half still doesn't have power.  I walk outside and I hear generators.  We are the last house on our street and the power stopped at our house.  I feel very blessed to sit here and type this from the comfort of my home I once enjoyed and quickly forgot through Hurricane Gustav.  For 6 days we stayed without power.  I still can't believe it myself.  I'm grateful my house was spared through this disaster.  Goodness knows I couldn't handle a tree in my house, or a blue roof, or 21 days without power.  I'm thankful for those who reached out to us during this crazy time and will turn around and reach out to those who need us.  It should always be a continual giving circle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin