9.08.2008

Bare Bones

Well we cleaned the fridge out and were only able to salvage the potatoes that thankfully didn't rot in the 80 some odd degree house.  Oh and the bottled water too.  Those were in ice chests.  We brought back home fresh fruit from the fruit stand in DS which I was excited was open.  Finally I get to have my lemonade too.  It made me sick to throw out all my food.  I just hated the money down the drain.  Markus just said what would you rather save money and risk getting sick and having to spend more money there or throwing this stuff away and just replacing it??  Hard decision I know, but was you can see above we took Option #1.  We went to Ralph's Market today by the house and boy their can goods aisle was so bare.  I was thinking to myself, how am I supposed to prepare for another hurricane here when there is nothing to chose from.  No eggs either.  Everything was very slim there.  I'm sure they too lost a lot of food during all of this.  By the judge of the parking lot, I'd never seen so many people there.  Then I ventured off the the Albertson's by my house.  They pretty much had everything I was looking for.  Oh and tones of water.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  It's kinda a scary sight to go to the grocery anticipating on restocking everything to find they are light too.  I just wanted to eat a real meal tonight for crying out loud!  Hopefully the food situation gets better.  We are waiting for you 18 wheelers, please come and bring us some food in the grocery stores.  Please!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

we had to throw everything away after a really bad storm knocked out power up here for a few days. it made me so sad. keep your ears open, there may be some reimbursement plan set up for you guys food lose, or it might be covered under your home owners insurance.

thecaillouets said...

the inside of our fridge looks just like the inside of yours. with the lack of food and our shelves are exactly the same as yours. i wonder if we have the same fridge. thatnks for putting pics of the storm on your blog. i didn't realize some places were so bad.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin