9.08.2008

The Damage: Highland Rd.

This is what I meant by living on Highland Road wasn't all that.  These poor rich people.  I just couldn't believe my eyes.  All I could do was take pictures.  It was very tragic.  We attempted to go back home on Highland coming from LSU.  Who was I kidding.  After detouring several times through neighborhoods, we eventually got off at Staring because we couldn't go any further.  It was devastating.

Trees just cluttered the road
I even got a professional photographer in this pic.
Road blocks of trees
Look closely in this tree.  I was so scared we drove under this tree I just knew was going to fall on top of the car.  This is the SUV behind us traveling the same path.
This isn't on Highland, but if anyone knows where Parkview Baptist is you've seen this place.  The whole side of the building was just gone
Here is the front of it.  As you can see not much better.

After this day of driving around BR I just stopped taking pictures.  I got really depressed and just wanted to forget about it all.  Although everywhere you looked this is what you saw.  I couldn't bear taking pics of the houses with trees in them.  Not at the owner's expense.  It's just sad.  In our neighborhood 3 houses got hit from one tree.  It was disturbing to see.  And when our neighbor behind us caught me walking Bogey and asked how our house faired out, I just looked at the chain saw in his hand that he just got finished using at those people's house across the street from him (that affected 3 houses) and said, I didn't need that.  I feel very blessed after walking around the neighborhood.  He just smiled and said me neither, but they needed my help.  Overall, Markus and I got to meet some great people in our neighborhood and I feel much better about where I live.  I love this little place.   I'm so grateful our house was spared through this all.  Now I await Hurricane Ike.  IF we can make it through him, we will be ok (I think).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin