Over the past few days I got to spend time with my 2 nieces, Kathryn & Lydia.
I babysat Kathryn for my sister on her anniversary. We had a ball playing with Sonic kid meal toys, reading books, and playing with Bogey. When it was time for her to leave I took her hand to walk her outside to her parent's car. As soon as we reached the door, she started pulling me back with all her might. I just laughed and was like it's time to go to your house. It was then that Omi said, "that should make you feel good that she doesn't want to leave your house". I thought that was sweet. She loves her Auntie Jenn.
Yesterday I went to church at 11:30a cause we didn't want to get out of bed. There I saw Steph & Lydia in the hall. I bent down and opened my arms for Lydia to come running into them as she said Auntie Denn (for Jenn). It was so cute. I picked her up and I couldn't quite understand what she was saying and she just kept repeating it, so I listened a little closer. She was saying, "I mi you (miss)". Once again so sweet. Just melts your heart.
I love those two little girls to death. They are just so sweet and full of life. What a joy I have to be their Auntie. I love you Lyida & Kathryn!
2 comments:
I can't wait until Isabel can talk and say sweet things like that! So cute!
yes, kids are sweet. as i was telling john on our anniversary... we've been parents the good majority of our married life, and now that we have kids... i can't imagine what i'd do without them...i mean, yeah, there are things to do and keep busy with...but what becomes the purpose of life if you don't have, or plan to have kids in it??? i guess life seems pointless if kids aren't a part of it. i mean everything we do now is to make a better future for our kids. and all the hard work becomes worth it when they show you how much they love you in their own cute ways.
Post a Comment