9.11.2008

7 Years Later...NEVER FORGET!

There is just something about those numbers 911.  Anytime I hear them all together I think about NYC and all those people who lost their lives.  I remember exactly what happened that morning.  I woke up very early in the morning (west coast time) and it was I think 5am or there abouts with the most horrific cramps.  Yup that time of the month.  Why does it have to strike at 5am.  So I got out of bed went in my step-bros room (I was living at daddy's house) and turned on the tv.  For some reason the news channel was on.  I remember seeing on of the towers with smoke in it.  I just watched as the smoke went up in the air.  It was then that I thought cramps weren't so bad to have compared to what I was seeing.  It was live footage and next thing I knew here comes the 2nd plane.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  By the time 6am came I ran into daddy's room and made him come watch with me.  We just stood there in awe of the sight of such terror done to our country.  In the USA.  It was crazy.  I remember crying a lot.  Also being grateful I didn't know anyone there, but sad that those people had to suffer.  It killed me to see people jumping from windows.  I was glued to the tv.  It was just a few weeks before this that I graduated beauty school and was packing to move back home to La.  I was worried that mom wouldn't be able to meet me in SLC to help me drive back.  That Friday she was able to catch a flight as I was driving to my sister's in SLC.  I still can't believe these highjackers pulled such violence and destruction off.  I pray the families affected might be healed by he Master's hand and He might comfort them on such a tragic day.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin