7.17.2011

Day 17: A book that you've read that changed your views on something

First off let me say that I'm a non-fiction girl.  I did not start reading "fiction" books until I joined a book club at church.  It didn't last too long because they didn't really participate when it was my turn to select the book.  Funny how that works.  I mean fantasy is nice and all but I like to read truth more so than fantasy.  So with that said, the book "Spin Sisters: How the Women of the Media Sell Unhappiness & Liberalism to the Women of America", was the one that changed my view on well everything to do with the media.  It practically backed up what my church teaches about the media.  I would highly recommend reading if you want a different perspective on the media.  It was written by someone who was an editor of a well known magazine and went into just about everything that the media tries to "sell" us on.  Whether it be the lastest and greatest skin cream, to how to be the best parent, to anything you can think of.  We just buy into all the BS and don't even give it a second thought.  I always knew I had more of a brain to think for myself than to believe all that I read, heard and saw in the media.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin