7.13.2011

Day 13: A band or artist who has gotten you through some tough days

This is kind of a hard one.  Music is such an emotional thing for me.  I listen to whatever my mood dictates at that time.  So I guess it depends on what was going on for me.  It's more so like a song for me more so than it would be an artist.  With that said, if I had to chose someone it would probably be Colbie Caillat. So here's to Colbie for creating some awesome music. 

Colbie,
My favorite songs are Lucky w/ Jason Mraz (Love him), Magic and Fearless.  I remember when you first came out with the song Bubbly.  I think everyone around the world had to have heard that song at least once.  It was great, but not my favorite.  I got your first album from my sister on my bday that year and we just couldn't stop listening to it.  Every song spoke to me.  Especially the song Magic.  It made me fall in love with my husband all over again.  It said perfectly what I felt or him.  I remember thinking you were so unique and original.  Just what the music industry needed at that time.  And even still you put out a great 2nd album with Fearless.  Love that song.  So thanks for doing what you do.  And here's to dedicate my favorite song of yours to my husband.  My lova foreva. :)  I love you baby.

Lyrics to Magic :

V1: You've got magic inside your finger tips
its leaking out all over my skin
everytime that i get close to you
your makin me weak with the way you
look through those eyes

C: And all i see is your face
all i need is your touch
wake me up with your lips
come at me from up above
yeaaaa, oh i need you

V2: I remember the way that you move
your dancin easily through my dreams
its hittin me harder and harder with all your smiles
you are crazy gentle in the way you kiss

C: All i see is your face
all i need is your touch
wake me up with your lips
come at me from up above

B: Oh baby i need you
to see me, the way i see you
lovely, wide awake in
the middle of my dreams

C: And all i see is your face
all i need is your touch
wake me up with your lips
come at me from up above

C: All i see is your face
all i need is your touch
wake me up with your lips
come at me from up above
yeaaaa, oh oh da da da do do do do do
ahhhhhh, i ..... i need you

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin