7.08.2011

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you on the most

Ha! First of all I'm pretty awesome in the kitchen.  And I know it.  How obnoxious was that!  I absolutely love to cook, bake, create, etc.  I have made it a point to love it.  I've been baking since I was a teenager.  And my MIL told me when I got married and realized I had to fill her shoes (did I mention she cooks every night?) that if I can bake I can cook.  Ha!  Well I took that and ran with it.  She certainly gave me the fuel I needed to move full speed ahead... and that I did.  Most of the time anything that I make or bring anywhere I get complimented on it.  I love it.  I'm also not one of those people who don't share.  If you want the recipe or want to know how I did it or what's in it, I'll give it to ya.  Hence that is where I'm Hungry {the recipe blog} came from.  I think the setting of a family sitting around the table and enjoying a home cooked meal has become more of a lost tradition than a sense of normalcy in today's household.  That is awfully sad to me.  I think that is my favorite part of a dinner party.  Ever noticed when you are invited over for dinner it's not just for a great meal?  It usually includes great conversation and fabulous company.  That is what I strive for when creating meals.  I will usually wait to eat dinner late if it means I can eat with my husband and we can not only eat together but share something more than just food.

Anyway.. if you want a little spice to your life, check out the link above to my recipe blog.  Enjoy!  And may you make many happy meals & memories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin