Ok well not really dumpster diving, but almost. This little chimney is our new addition to the deck. Isn't she cute! I was picking up my car yesterday from someone's house and saw this on the trash pile across the street. I wanted to get it soooo bad, but it was like 2pm and I refused to do it in broad daylight. So I told myself I would go back, which rarely happens! But our electricity went out at like 7 or so last night and we figured it would be out for a little while, so off to Pville we went. I was happy to see it was still there. I drove by first let Markus look at it, rounded the curb and came back by to pick it up. Markus HATES when I do this to him. I'm sure he thinks its the worst thing ever. But oh well. So he says get out and get it when I pulled up next to their trash pile. I told him it looks pretty heavy. He made me turn off my lights, shut my door (so no lights in the car would show) and if I could pick it up to holler at him. Well it was heavy at first but I knew he wasn't getting out of the car. So I loaded it up and off we went. I will admit we drove down a couple of more neighborhoods on the way home (it was trash day Monday!) and didn't find anything else. BUT I'm happy with my little chimney. :)
11.09.2009
Dumpster Diving!
Ok well not really dumpster diving, but almost. This little chimney is our new addition to the deck. Isn't she cute! I was picking up my car yesterday from someone's house and saw this on the trash pile across the street. I wanted to get it soooo bad, but it was like 2pm and I refused to do it in broad daylight. So I told myself I would go back, which rarely happens! But our electricity went out at like 7 or so last night and we figured it would be out for a little while, so off to Pville we went. I was happy to see it was still there. I drove by first let Markus look at it, rounded the curb and came back by to pick it up. Markus HATES when I do this to him. I'm sure he thinks its the worst thing ever. But oh well. So he says get out and get it when I pulled up next to their trash pile. I told him it looks pretty heavy. He made me turn off my lights, shut my door (so no lights in the car would show) and if I could pick it up to holler at him. Well it was heavy at first but I knew he wasn't getting out of the car. So I loaded it up and off we went. I will admit we drove down a couple of more neighborhoods on the way home (it was trash day Monday!) and didn't find anything else. BUT I'm happy with my little chimney. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
very cool free find! i have done that a few times, but not since moving to omaha...it's like i got lazy :)
Awesome Jenn! I love it!
I've been known to take other people's trash home too. ;-)
You are hilarious! Awesome fine!
correction..."Awesome find"!
Great find! Brett HATES when I come home with random stuff but he'd probably like it if I scored something good! So do you like Aperature? I'm trying to decide which program I want...I'm using a trial version of Photoshop Elements right now and I've heard great things about Pixelmator but I don't have Leopard on our Mac, we have the one before that.
i used to have this ficus tree that I found in someone's trash pile while walking with a friend of mine in her neighborhood. we shamelessly carried it back to her house together. hmmm...who was that? ;)
That's an awesome find, Jenn. Dumpster divers unite!
Very kewl find! Hee hee, soooooo wish i had been there to see Markus' face! had to be priceless! Great find!
Post a Comment