11.02.2009

On Cloud Nine

Well I'll be hopping on the bandwagon a day late. Oh well. It's here NaBloPoMo which stands for National Blog Posting Month (right?). Anyways you create a post everyday of the month. I promise to make mine up later on in the month. Moving on to why I title this post Cloud 9. Got a call from my Uncle Brent yesterday. Not too unusual. I was at church so Markus answered it for me. So when I got home he told me to call him. I thought he was going to tell me he would finish the sheetrock in our Masterbath soon. Ha! Even better... He told me he would give me a piece of furniture he promised me 5 years ago! :))))) That was very exciting for me. My daddy built the furniture for my grandparents over 35 years ago and he thought I would like to have it and would take care of it and appreciate it. Ahh! I'm excited he remembered because I wasn't really sure how to ask for it since they just moved back to Louisiana. There are 2 pieces to the set. I get one of them and he told me when they aren't using the other that he would give it to me as well. I'm sooooo excited I can't even begin to start somewhere with this. My dad and Uncle Brent are/was a great carpenter and their dad, my Grandpa, even better. My Uncle Brent helped build these 2 pieces with my dad and Uncle Brent got them when my grandparents moved out of their old house. So they are very special to our family. It means even more to me now that both Daddy and Grandpa are gone. I'm just so happy that Uncle Brent is giving something like this to me. It was such a happy day yesterday. The secretary will move in on Saturday. Can't wait to get the other matching piece one day. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin