11.16.2009

Enjoying 27

I'm officially 27. Well I guess technically I was at 7:57am yesterday. For those of you who are unaware, 27 is my favorite number. It has sort of stuck with me through the years and I've always liked it. Call me crazy, but hey that's just me (and my family too, lol!). It was a great weekend. Friday the 13th was my surprise party. I loved it! I'm so thankful for Esther, Sarah & Markus for their love & desire to make me feel special. It was certainly a bday party to remember. Everything was so perfect from the decorations and food down to the very plates we ate on. Which is very me :)... Perfect that is! HA! Saturday was filled with church meetings, oh what fun! After all that fun stuff Markus took me shopping. My rug was on sale at PB so I jumped on it! It's not everyday that you find what you've been wanting for a couple of years has finally gone on sale at a price you can actually afford... sorta :) So the zebra rug is on my floor people! Now we can start working from the ground up (literally) and furnish the living room (with furniture that actually reflects my taste/style). We after we went out to eat and caught a late movie, 2012. I was so exhausted from Friday night that I quickly fell asleep in the movie, so don't ask for a movie review. Sunday as filled with more church meetings/visits. Woke up at 6am. I know what was I thinking... ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I really didn't want to go but a person I who will go unnamed obviously gave me the guilt trip. Gotta love those church people. They just don't understand... unless it's them of course. HOA meeting happened literally an hour after I got home from church in Lafayette. From there on to a concert at church with my MIL. I was happy she got to come. It was sweet that she decided to spend the evening with me on my birthday. I can't say enough about how special she made me feel over the weekend. More so than my own family. Funny how that worked out I guess and disappointing too. I guess birthdays aren't supposed to be exciting once you are an adult. Least that is the impression I got from them. Looking forward to the 27th of this month! and the next and the next and so on and so forth. I hope its gonna be a great year for me... Goodness knows I'm not looking back to my 26th year on this Earth, there was too much crappiness! Other than to learn from it!

1 comment:

Jolie said...

I wish I was closer to u! We'd have lots of phun! Working nights again, so I didn't get to call u until the evening on your birthday and I know u were busy. I'm so sorry I didn't get to do person to person, voice to voice on ur birthday. I did dedicate my FB to u that day! I am glad it was a pretty good day. So sorry that I sucked at getting a hold of u! I love u tons and tons! I hope this WILL be an amazing year for U!!! Still gotta catch up with what to do for birthday....perhaps I should just add it to Christmas and get u what I know u really want!! wink wink!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin