Day 1: I decided I was going to commit myself to making specific meals and only shopping for those in an effort to try and save some money on the grocery bill. I hate to see my grocery bill be high (not going to disclose the amount because those of you with kids will give me a hard time!) and not feel like I have anything to cook with when I just spent all this money! So I threw something together for the next couple of weeks and it kinda helped at Walmart. Also with Markus too because he doesn't have to wonder what his wife is going to cook. So if it works (2 week trial, haha) I'll start posting the menus on my recipe blog. So stay tuned. I think I'm on to something. OH P.S. this also forces me to try new things since I have time to plan ahead which I super duper love :)
Day 2: We cut off our unlimited texting package. I hated to do it in a way and Markus and I had been talking about it, but the icing on the cake was the day of my birthday (no pun intended). I guess I'm just over the part where people feel like they don't have to talk to you and it's ok. I like to hear a voice on the other end sometimes. It's convenient, but really I would rather have a relationship outside of texting. So needless to say I've only missed it once. Not bad. Surprisingly I'm surviving without it, who knew? Crazy how the so called "luxuries" of life paint the picture like we can't live without them. But what's nice is that I have it restricted to send and receive texts so if someone decided I should pay for them to communicate with me via text... nope not gonna happen. Like I said earlier I'm on to something!
4 comments:
We have never opened up to the texting world. We have them blocked. Welcome to our world! Also, good for you with your cooking attempt. It takes dedication, but it's worth it. I just hate the cleanup part :P
I'm with you on the sometimes its nice to hear a voice! My friends all use Twitter here to keep tabs on each other and sometimes I just want to actually see and talk to peeps!
I have texting blocked on my phone as well. I'm with you on wanting to talk to people. I do think it would be convenient sometimes, but I've lived without it for this long, so why start now?
I completely understand! Brave of u to try. Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the world, very far away from friends and family and have always worked "odd" hours. Not to mention my job is such that I cannot pick up a phone very often while at it. And it is vital for me to be able to communicate with whomever has my kids, their Dad's, my personal plans....etc. I do also love phone call still. Each person has their own likes and dislikes and we should be respectful of them i think to a point. Prior to this job...texting was vital to coordinate the patient transfers from hospital to hospital as well as emails confirming details and confidential information. So from the healthcare world perspective....technology has given us awesome advances in being able to do more bedside care....and seriously decrease errors. Just saying.... :) I will be happy to call my little sis! Especially since I don't get to see you much....it is wonderful to hear a real voice! Wondering if ud be interested in actually writing letters back and forth and sending in the mail? I think it would PHUN!!!!
Post a Comment