11.22.2009

Update: Day 5 No Texting/ Day 4 Meal Plan/ Day 3 No Cable

Day 5: Ok so I'm getting used to this. I honestly really like no texting better. It doesn't disturb me at work or anytime now really. I get to hear someone on the other end of the phone. I have to agree I miss it, but only with certain people that I want to talk to all day long and can't.
Day 4: I freakin love this idea. Why have I waited until this long to do this? I am so dumb for not making myself do this before now. I tried it a LONG time ago, but I thought this is a joke cause Markus was never in the mood for what I planned. Funny how that is different now. Ha! Guess we are just happy to have a meal and know what we are going to be eating!
Day 3: Forgot to mention this in the first post because Cox hadn't officially turned it off. Well we actually got rid of our digital cable & expanded. We only kept basic which come to find out we still get most of those channels in HD, who knew without a box? I didn't think that was possible. Friday the Cox guy came to turn it off. Markus says to me on Saturday, "I miss cable". Hmm... ok. Well I not really sure what I'M supposed to do about this as we both agreed to cut it off to try to prepare for my really expensive health insurance. Ahh yes sacrifices... I guess that is the name of the game and something we haven't really had to learn (except for when we were first married and poor) until now. It should be an interesting next year...

2 comments:

Erica said...

I have gotten to the point with my meal planning that even though I plan meals for the week for certain days, I don't always cook them in that order. It works better for us to have ingredients for meals x, y, and z on hand, then make what we're feeling more in the mood for. If you end up at the point where you don't want to eat what you've planned, think about mixing it up like we did. It salvaged meal planning for me at a point where I was about to give up.

Jolie said...

Growing pains!!! do they ever stop?!! Of course they don't....cuz I'm freakin old and I still have em! I'm on a similar plan Jen. Watchin the grocery bill closely. Nicking down on the cable, phone plan, turning off lights....taking out certain bulbs even though they're energy ones (this will cut ur bill in half by the way, once every light in ur house is switched over) since the kids WON'T turn them off. I really want to do a few nicer things for Christmas this year...especially since Shelbs is in her senior year and We're not sure where she'll end up for college next year! Any hoo....i feel ya!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin