11.16.2008

Bday Weekend

Friday was a bit crazy. I got off early which is always nice. Markus and I went to Louisiana Lagniappe for dinner. We waited for like 45 min, but it was worth the wait as usual. We saw Aaron Gomez there with ol' Mr. Price LeBlanc. He's a card. We were going to catch the new James Bond movie, but I was dead after dinner and ready for bed.

Saturday was fun. We woke up early to catch breakfast downtown. Very nice. There Markus bought me some jewelry that I'd been eyeing for a while. Then we headed over to get my hair cut. That was a trip. I love everything about it, but he shaved part of my neck. I think she did it not really paying attention. Lovely. So we then went to the mall to attempt to shop for gameday clothes when Markus' brother called and said he was at our house. So we headed home and I made chocolate cake balls for my bday to bring out to the tailgate which were awesome if I might say so myself. Markus got lots of compliments on me. haha! Lea-Lea met me out there for the festivities and we almost talked her into going to the game with us, but it was tooo cold for her in her flip flops. We all know about the game. So let's just imagine here sitting on a metal seat with no cushion in the freezing cold to watch them play horribly the first 3 quarters and see Lee get booed in the 1st qtr and Jefferson come in and he wasn't like soooo awesome how everyone thought too. OH it was hilarious. We saw Markus' cousins there and visited with them a while. 9 min into the 4th qtr I went down by the concessions stand and stayed there til the end of the game. It was a bit warmer than sitting in the stadium. By the time we left I couldn't feel my feet/toes and kept losing my shoes cause I didn't know whether they were on or off. Barely get home by almost midnight to post on the blog and drop dead of being frozen for so long.

Sunday bright and early 6am wake up and get ready to head out to Lafayette. Oh boy! Love church meetings. At least they fed us Gumbo for lunch. Then off to more meetings. Get home around 4pm and out again to the in-laws for Quiche and Fondue at my request. Yummy meal. Thanks Esther for your hard work, I loved it! Got the earrings I wanted from them and a beautiful orchid. Sarah got me a very pretty frame that I wished I could put a pic of my little girl in it was so frilly. Maybe one day. I told her I needed a baby to stick in the frame. :)

Finally here I am it's almost over and I'm a year older. Hard to believe. Where did the weekend go? Now planning for Markus' Bday. Less than a month away! I love you baby and so happy I could celebrate my bday with the man I love!

3 comments:

Jolie said...

Sounds like u had a blast--cold and all! Football is the best! Cowboys had a great 4th quarter! M Barber is awesome! and loved the "push-pass" toss from Romo! I miss LA food! Miss u--maybe I will get to celebrate ur bday with u one of these years!

Anonymous said...

Just reading about your b.day made me tired.
I'm glad it went so great. You need to post a picture of the new do so we can see what you mean.
What are cake balls, btw? post on your recipe blog

Omi said...

ah, i love the cake balls. i think i may try to make them tomorrow! sounds like you had a packed weekend to say the least. have you gotten to catch up on the sleep yet?? =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin