Not sure if any of you remember my It's Funny post back in August but as promised at the end of it Part 2 was coming. Well it's that time AGAIN. So, just thought I'd start another list of funny little things in life that I've noticed, learned, experienced, etc with/about my family. Feel free to add to the list if you feel the need. I think we could all use a laugh or a "that's so true moment". So in no particular order, here goes the randomness.
1. How my sisters only call me when they need me (I know it's #2 on my first list, but it's important enough to mention AGAIN)
2. How the good always suffer for the bad
3. How making the right decision(s) in life suddenly make you the bad guy
4. How petty sisters can be
5. How jealous sisters can be
6. How family members can't be genuinely happy for the other
7. There's always going to be the he said she said
8. Some things will never change
9. How I'm the last to find out anything that is going on in my family
10. Email and texting are the greatest ways to avoid confrontation, what a concept
11. How some people just love to point out you will never have kids, who knew?
12. How standing for something is just not right in every situation, didn't you know it was a pick and choose thing
13. How you are the one who doesn't care cause you never call, when my phone doesn't ring either, weird
14. How one nice thing will always go unnoticed
15. Living right = Self Righteous or Better than us
16. Convenience always takes precedence
17. How hurting another family member is fun or the right thing to do
18. How my In-laws are my family too and how could they not be??
19. How I'm closer to my ILs than others in my own family, huh?
20. How my MIL is not pressuring us to have kids even though she loves and wants gkids
21. How responsibility rides in the back seat, but has to ride in the front seat in our car
22. How Markus is the bad guy cause he doesn't want kids RIGHT NOW (he's the best in my eyes!)
23. How being busy is a bad thing and means you don't care
24. How people make the same mistakes over and over
25. How high school feels right around the corner in so many scenarios in my family
26. It's all about me me me me (what they want)
27. How a birthday is just another day to schedule a day of events not centered around the birthday person
I'll just leave it with my favorite number, 27 and if I come up with anything else I might post another it's funny. How about you, have any it's funny's to share about/with your fam?
7 comments:
oh, #27 is the worst for me.
and about kids...it's not like you are 40 or something. if kids are something you want, wait until you and markus really "feel" ready, like the spirit confirms it. dorky, yep, but true. why rush what is yours for eternity? but then again, maybe this kind of stuff pisses you off, too.
if so, sorry.
happy birthday a bit early.
Sounds like you need a little break! Just keep doin' what your doin', girl! Hang in there! Nobody's family is totally normal!
Soooo, when are you guys having kids:)?
wow what happened to piss you off??? i mean i get that our family can be a bit aggravating sometimes, but whose isn't? all i'm saying is, you have to look past "what everyone is saying" and yes, some people will never change. oh well, that's their problem. enjoy the "good" decisions you've made, and kudo's for waiting on kids. seriously! you have a great marriage, in the temple i might add, you're in a nice house, have a good job, you're doing things the right way. not too many people can say that, myself included. so why let what people say get to you!!! funny how you can feel closer to your in-laws...ditto on that.
by the way...i see that steph's decision must have sent you over the edge?? i'm sorry about that. i agree that she could have picked a different day for the events, but really now, don't you remember on july 31st of 2007, you had scheduled a pampered chef party, and as i recall that is my birthday. you even called to invite me a few days before. however, i wasn't the least bit upset, becuase it's been quite a while since our sisters spent our birthdays with us, unless we specifically inform our family that we would like them to spend time with us. i guess it's just a given that you have made plans, and want to spend that day with the one that you love the most...your hubby. just something to think about.
It's true that siblings can be naturally competitive....seems like it should be for positive reinforcement or mutual uplift though. I think sometimes people have bad days and actually do say some not so nice things and other days they just don't think. In any case it should matter if feelings are hurt, intentionally or not. Attempts to make quick GENUINE repair should be made, indicating there IS care, love, and concern. Different personalities and changes as we grow will infutably change perceptions; however, the more we try to know, and love, and repair the insults, the less it will happen. Remember, we chose each other before we came (TRULY) for good or bad, these experiences are supposed to bring us together and back to the other side of the veil. Seems like there are some sore spots that should be discussed GENTLY and one on one to attempt to resolve. A group approach is attacking and rarely productive. ALL of us myself included and in the front seat need to decide today that we want at least acceptable, working, mostly loving relationships with each other and start working on it one on one. It won't be easy...but we are family...how about NOT be the typically worldly disfunctional family and rise above...leave the jealously to others looking at us as an eventually amazingly loving and supporting family instead of amongst ourselves. I agree with many things on your list and am sure I have inflicted a few. For that I am so unbelievably sorry and wish simple words could undo. For most of you, I have simply not even existed these many miles away; caught up in my own pain, drama, and mess of a life. I miss you all...please let me back in without too much grief...I promise to do the same.
As for your life Jenn, only you and Markus can decide what's best for you. I personally am so proud of your accomplishments, and I know they haven't been easy at all. Marriage takes alot of work and the workings of that should be mostly between yourselves as you guys have done. Neither your parents, nor your siblings should be in the middle of your relationship. From the outside, to some it may appear that you are "oh so perfect"...most DON'T understand that "perfect" doesn't come easy....my daughter thinks i am "miss perfect"...THAT'S funny, but its her perception with her limited understanding and experiences. Share a little of the difficulties as appropriate with us (your sisters)so they can appreciate your accomplishments more and learn from them. I understand where you are coming from...other people besides my daughter think I am perfect....those that don't really know me...sisters shouldn't be included in that category! love you!
Post a Comment