8.31.2008

Uncomfortable

Let me make this perfectly clear, I'm a paranoid person by nature.  I come from that kind of family and during stressful situations it shines through very brightly.  For the past few days we have been going to stores making sure we have everything we need to weather this hurricane.  One day I will be able to afford a generator and I might feel a little bit better.  But for now my day today will continue to consist of cleaning my  house, washing clothes, cleaning refrig out (that could turn gross) and trying to do all the things I need electricity for.  I will also be bringing in all my plants and patio furniture, so they don't cause worse problems.  See naturally Markus isn't worried.  I'm not sure he ever does really.  But his only concern (worry) is the utility pole in our backyard about 6 or so feet away from our house.  

The reason we almost didn't buy the house in the first place.  

As you can see by the first pic how close it really is to our house by my planter that is in the pic on my back patio.  So I'm just wondering how this will all pan out for us and well everyone really.  We've been following the news like everyone else I'm sure waiting to see if anything has changed and if it could be better news for us.  Nope.  It's worse.  How they are describing what BR will feel is much a reminder and memory of what BR felt like during Hurricane Andrew.  That storm was horrible.  I remember being a child and thinking that our house was going to blow away!  The winds were bad.  The whistling noise I didn't think I would ever get out of my head.  And I remember the house on my street who had a huge tree fall into the middle of their house.   So I just pray that our poor house is spared and we can still live here after the hurricane rips through here.   

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yep, that's where I'm at too....laundry, dishes, fridge, vacuuming. We are also sandbagging the back of our house because it almost flooded last week with the rain bands from Fay.

I'm also trying to get all of our important paperwork in one place, just in case.

This really stinks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin