8.01.2008

I'm a BIG Girl Now!

I must say I'm proud of myself after yesterday's root canal.  I didn't take the valium as they offered nor the gas once I was there and edgy.  I managed to calm my nerves by myself (with the help of my IPOD).  People thought I was crazy not doing any of the above, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (after I calmed down) and it went much better than I thought.  Until he was going to fill a tooth and I felt him drilling.  That was scary, but they numbed me again and it was all good from there.  Now all I have to do is go for more fillings and the crown.  However, my mouth is sooo sore from keeping it open for so long that all I want to do is shut it!  Ahh.. how funny.  

Bad news is one of my other teeth might need a root canal, but he won't know for sure until he goes in there (how comforting, right?).  So we will see.  For now I'm taking it easy.

3 comments:

Kristen C said...

I am glad to hear that it wasn't so bad for you. I have one tooth that will probably need a root canal, but I haven't been back to the dentist yet to know for sure. My husband hates the dentist, but I just made him go last week. He He!!!

The Nielsons said...

OUCH!!! I HATE the DENTIST!!! So sorry you had to go!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

My goodness girl! Why didn't you take the gas? I think i'd love to have some of that stuff even when i'm not getting my teeth worked on. Maybe that means I have issues!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin