1. Putting Elmer's glue all over the inside of my hands and waiting until it dried so I could peel it off. (1st grade favorite)
2. My only job was to go to school (and I thought that was hard)
3. Not being responsible for paying bills.
4. Field trips
5. BREC Day Camp
6. Raking up the leaves in a big pile and jumping right in
7. The golf course behind my old house, we had many a fun night (which is now Green Trails neighborhood)
8. My old house
9. Washing the car with Daddy
10. The Highlights Magazines in the mail
11. Valentine's Day at school
12. Trick or Treatin'
13. Dance Lessons, I really loved being a ballerina (the recitals were so much fun)
14. Jones Creek Library with all my friends, it was a great hang out
15. Homemade Slip N Slides with dishwashing soap
16. Mom's biscuits (I can't make them like her to save my life)
17. Being called a twin or triplet cause we all seemed to look alike
18. Picking roses from mom's garden to bring to our elementary teachers
19. Passing notes in class (I got in big trouble for this in 5th grade)
20. Folding those same notes as hearts (can't remember how to do it for anything)
21. Primary (I love the songs)
22. Disney movies- We could recite all the lines and songs in The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, & Beauty and the Beast
23. Sneaking to watch MTV (when it was cool) & VH1
24. Drooling over My-So Called Life's Jared Leto
25. Having pics all over my room of JTT (most at one time 64)
26. Tiger Beat & Bop Magazine (I had an obsession)
27. Having my own room with a double bed (that was awesome for a 9 year-old, pink two toned walls, and an accent rose wallpaper wall
28. The tooth fairy (do they give money for bad teeth that break?)
29. Singing oldies songs in the car with daddy in the background saying when it was popular
30. My sisters, we were better friends then and I think much less competitive
31. Mom always saying, "Katie bought the ranch" Long story short, mom used to say it when we would about to get in trouble, but I just recently found out it was made up
32. Daddy driving after church around the loop and then going down Pecue really fast when we hit the railroad tracks so it would feel like we were on a roller coaster ride and our heads would touch the top of the car.
Well those are just things that come to mind. It's so funny how life is just different when you are a kid and you have practically no worries outside of homework and playtime. I find myself saying often, "those were the days"
3 comments:
I heart Pecue lane...it so IS a roller coaster!
I love reading your blogs - they always, always, make me smile :) --- can't wait to see you soon!
so a few comments...this is a great remebrance of childhood. hehe...and i totally remember doing most of these things. so i recently found out mom didn't make up "katie bought the ranch" like we thought she did, i heard bill profita say it in recollection of one of his childhood stories!! maybe mom just didn't know where it came from. and i totally remember how to fold the heart notes! those were the days when we wished we were grown-ups, and now are the days we wish we could be a kid again. i DEFINITELY miss not having all the responsibilities that come with being married, and being a SAHM. but alas. maybe we can reiterate this to our kids.
Post a Comment