Today was bad for me. There was entirely too much going on. I'm so glad it's almost over. Thanks to the Governor moving the game up to 10am I guess I won't be sleeping in. BUT I am sooooooooooooooo excited for the game. Not just because it's the first game, but that my boss offered me tickets. I don't know if he forgot that we had season tickets or what. He left me a voicemail saying he had 2 tickets. I immediately called him back. Here's why: Markus went to the dentist today which by the way and just for the record my terrible teeth beat his bill. Grr... but he's got $6000 worth to do too. But Markus overheard the dentist talking about trying to find tickets. So Markus being Mr. Nice Guy offered to get him some. Dr. was like well if you can get me some tickets, here's my # call me. He also proceeded to tell him he would do some fillings for him for tickets. :) (Imagine my pearly whites when I heard my boss's voicemail) Long story short. I accepted the tickets. They are way better seats than we have (in my opinion) and we gave ours to the dentist and now I don't have to do Care Credit :) He is going to let us pay him so much each month and still get our work done. I'm very very happy. So I must say it was a Bitter Sweet Day. Here's the VIEW from the tickets the bossman gave me compared to our USUAL view in Tiger Stadium. So which would you like better????
8.29.2008
Bitter Sweet Day
Yesterday my assistant storms in my office with the famous, I have to talk to you spill. So naturally I was worried and devoted my attention to her with a, what's up? She then proceeds to say she was offered an assistantship with LSU which she was sure she wasn't going to get and she was trying to decide if she wanted to do it. Well long story short the pros were definitely there for her. It was win win for her. So today, she quit. I expected it, but didn't think I would feel so lost without her. I'm very excited for her and told her that and that she had to do the best thing for her and her life. She offered to come in on Labor Day and try to help til I could find someone else, but I told her don't worry about it. I wanted her to be focused on the task at hand and not be here. She reluctantly agreed, but still kept offering to help where she could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment