5.23.2010

Patience

I spoke today in church. It was an especially great and personal talk. One that I struggle with, but that I felt impressed to share.  Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf in his General Conference address, "Continue in Patience" is where I took my remarks. These were my favorite parts:

"There is an important concept here: patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!

"The work of patience boils down to this: keep the commandments; trust in God, our Heavenly Father; serve Him with meekness and Christlike love; exercise faith and hope in the Savior; and never give up. The lessons we learn from patience will cultivate our character, lift our lives, and heighten our happiness. They will help us to become worthy and faithful disciples of our Master, Jesus Christ."

I obviously couldn't have said this without tearing up!  I've been immensely blessed by being patient in which I haven't always endured well, but my Heavenly Father sure has proven to me He will bless us and we WILL learn something. I'm so grateful for the lessons I've learned from being humbled, patient.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

;) We love you, Jenn! Thanks! I needed to hear those remarks, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin