5.06.2010

Almost a Dozen

If there is one thing I love about my husband and gardening, it's the fact that almost every time we are at the nursery he is pushing for me to buy roses.  I don't know if it's because by me buying roses he won't ever have to get me flower again (because I grow them people) or because he knows of my love of roses.  But anyway, pictured here are my first 2 rose bushes I bought last year that haven't disappointed!  I have half a dozen of "Double Decadence" which is the pink/yellow roses and 3 (I have 2 more that haven't quite opened up enough on the bush) of "Mister Lincoln" which is the red rose.  Both of which have about the sweetest and best smell ever!  As soon as you walk out on my patio you can smell the roses!!!!  To me this smell is better than baby powder :)  So just taking some time to stop and smell my roses :)  These are coming to work with me today!

Markus I love you so much and I'm so thankful you push me towards the things that I love, like roses.  If only you knew how happy these flowers make me.  Here's to my sweet love, Markus!

1 comment:

Erica said...

So beautiful! I love the Mister Lincoln.

One day when we get settled, it's my dream to have a whole garden full of roses, peonies, hydrangeas, elephant ears, and lavender. That would be completely separate from my vegetable & herb garden and grove where I keep my meyer lemon, lime, and pear trees along with my berry bushes, of course.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin