Stanton's Hall
This was our first stop. It was beautiful! We had a spunky little lady as our tour guide and she kept throwing jokes every time we turned around. I think she played the Southern thing up too much. We were tired of her by the end of the tour. I was sad we couldn't take any pics on the interior. But it was amazing. So detailed. I love that about these old homes.
Magnolia Trees were everywhere and in bloom! They had the sweetest smell. We had one in our front yard growing up, and I forgot the aroma they give off. Such a pleasant surprise.
Melrose
I was excited to find the blue hydrangeas in front of this house. Apparently the park association or something owns and runs this one so it wasn't as fussy as the others. But I could take pictures inside so I was happy about that! This wasn't our favorite home, but nonetheless a pretty one in its own way.
Longwood
This octagonal beauty was my favorite by far. It was a site to see inside and out. I'm still amazed at this house. I want to go back through this one. It had something like 5 stories but only the basement was finished. Crazy! We were able to take pictures at the unfinished parts of the house. It took my breath away. Lame, but so true. I am truly a carpenter's daughter/ and granddaughter!
Dunleith
I really really really wanted to go inside this one! It appeared when we trespassed the grounds they were setting up for a wedding or something, unless they keep the white tents up year-round. Simply beautiful. This is Markus' kind of Plantation. So we are going back, I decided. This is one we will be going to see the inside of.
St. Mary's Cathedral
The locals (tour guides) were talking about the cathedral and I knew I had to see the inside of this "Gothic" Cathedral. Don't you love the blue ceilings? It was so unique as most of these are.
Awesome random house. How about living in this in Natchez? They had so many cool houses there I would kill to live in or how about just look at the interior of. I had to take a picture of this house. It had on the entry gate "This house has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places". WOW!
Overall I had a great time. I can't wait to go back. I told Markus we should really try to make this little town our vaca spot to spend our 5 yr anniversary weekend. It made me think a little differently about small towns. We were told by one of our tour guides that everyone there is related. I just loved this little quaint place. What a great day!






2 comments:
I can't beleive you were in natchez this past weekend! Jessie and I were there all weekend too!
Yep...and I think some of those tour guides aren't playing it up at all...they are just that "southern". OR...they've worked at their job too long. I love Longview, too...and it si RIGHT by the LDS church.
Post a Comment