5.22.2010

Panchos!

We went to eat at Panchos Buffet last night.  I must say I wasn't terribly crazy about the idea but I was still open to what they would serve.   I kept hearing about these saippeas (sp?).  Ok those things were everything and more than they were talked up to be.  Yum Yum.  Best way I know to describe them is like a beignet only without the powdered sugar.  Instead you put honey on them.  Actually we were with Mike McCartney and he had a certain technique he used.  It went a little something like this, you take your saippea and stab it with the honey container and fill it up with honey until you are satisfied it's a sufficient amount then drizzle the honey all over the top and indulge.  And that is just what we did.  The buffet was okay.  I think I liked there sweet stuff better than their real food.  Surprise surprise.  But they did have this fried cauliflower that was amazing.  I just want those saippea things for breakfast this morning...

1 comment:

Erica said...

I think you're talking about sopapillas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin