12.16.2007

Yesterday's Intensity

Markus and I have been trying to decide what color to paint the office/scrapbooking room for a while. I couldn't decide which color I liked until I saw this beautiful color at Sherwin Williams. Well Markus' cousin gave him a giftcard to Home Depot so we matched this "Aqua Chintz" up almost perfectly. I painted it on the walls and was worried at first because it looked baby blue. Well it dried and here is what it looks like NOW.

New Color vs. Old Color

Here it is the first coat!

We had a Christmas Party to go to last night so I got 3 walls painted with the first coat and the ceiling and baseboard trim done. I was excited and proud of myself. It only took 3 hours I think. Not bad. So after the party I really wanted to get to a good stopping point for the weekend. I came back and did the 2nd coat. Not long into it I was screaming for Markus. Let me show you what he found.


Umm... yeah that was me in the background scooping the paint up off the carpet. I mean I hated the pink carpet and everything, but it wasn't supposed to happen this way. OOOPS!

5 comments:

jamie said...

I love the color! It looks really good. Also love the picture frame on ya'lls desk!

Jenn said...

Yeah I guess I could've cleaned the desk off before I took the picture. I just didn't want to forget the before and after pic. haha. It's from Pier 1

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

oh no! i guess the interior decorating gods have a way of getting you what you want, though.
our carpet in our den DOES NOT MATCH!!! the walls, which are a color we like...well, our dog, who was a puppy, chewed up some of the carpet along the entrance...thanks dixie! now, when we get ride of YOU, we will get new carpet that we like!
oh, and for now, we covered it up with a small area rug...you can cover yours up with the desk or your own small area rug.

Lexi said...

Oh my GOSH! How did THAT happen?! The color looks great- on the walls, not so sure about the carpet being the same color. That might be a little much! ;-) How fun that you get to decorate and pick out the colors and styles you like. One day I might be able to do that too. Can't wait. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin