12.17.2007

Patience

If there is one thing Markus has taught me (and the Lord too) it is patience. As I have posted before I promised Markus a tv. And not the ones you see in people's kitchens the ones you have to rationalize to buy because they seem so unrealistic. Markus has decided he would wait til we actually had all the money in hand to buy the tv. huh? What? Could you repeat that? I was confused but glad he sensed that I felt the same way. Ever since I have started listening and reading Dave Ramsey's books I have really been all about paying for things with cash money and not credit. So I just want to say how happy I am that Markus has once again chosen patience over instant gratification (what the world revolves around) and will wait til the money comes in.

Just a few quotes from a book that I was glad I read in my early twenties instead of my early thirties. Taken from the "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey

"Debt is not a tool; it is a method to make banks wealthy, not you."
"Don't even consider keeping up with the Joneses. They're broke."
"You have to tell money what to do or it leaves"

So even though Markus won't be able to enjoy the game on his own big flat screen, I think we both agree it will be nice not to have another payment. After all what is one to do without any payments? haha.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin