12.20.2007

The Boss

Why is it that bosses can be so dumb and you can be so smart? I'm not intelligent by a long shot, however I have more common sense to outsmart them any day. These people don't want to get me an assistant in my office and throw so much crap on me it's ridiculous and expect me to perform miracles. Did it not occur to them that I am only one person and that I can only do 5,000 things at one time not 5,001. Ugh! I guess common sense doesn't want to step into the scenario. My favorite is when they offer you time off like they are doing YOU a favor. I finally told my boss yesterday that I can't afford to take anymore time off because I have so much work to do and Christmas holidays will be interfering enough. She had the audacity to tell me I could work from home if I needed to. Like I don't have a husband or something or a life a outside of work. HELLo! Must love these people I suppose. I feel like I can run a business now after all of this. HA! And I haven't even been to college for this kind of thing.

Common sense can take you places... TRY IT!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

bart has the same problem. the manager under bart got transferred to a smaller group where he has a lot less work. they still haven't filled his spot. so, bart does two managers jobs and gets calls constantly at home. they asked if he wanted to bring a laptop to work from LA during the holidays and bart just laughed at him.
now, if he has a laptop when i pick him up today to leave, i'll be pissed.
why are the dumb ones always in charge?
i feel your pain.

Jeni said...

Nice vent!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin