11.17.2007
The Sweetest Prayer
Tonight we went over to Markus' grandparents house with his family. His grandma is on her death bed and his mom says it's just a matter of time. She seemed to think she might not make it through the night, so Pete (father-in-law) insisted we go to his parent's house. It was different for me. I wasn't sure what to do or say. Last time I went over I cut his grandma's hair, she was talking then, but still not the way she was tonight. After a couple of hours we all gathered around her bed and Papa said a prayer over his dying wife. I hadn't cried at all since I had been there until I heard the words, so sweet and loving. I burst into tears trying to be quiet to hear the rest of the prayer. He said things like,"Lord you have given us 70 years together, beautiful children and grandchildren, you have prepared us for this and we know when we come in this world we must die, it's a part of life." I could go on, but I won't. I guess I should have expected this out of a Baptist preacher, but I appreciated everything he said. It's just amazing to me how the Lord knows what He is doing when He sends us here. He knows how long we should live and won't let us stay a day late. When driving home Markus says, "I'm just so glad she didn't die why we were there". I was like "why"? He said he just didn't want to see that, and I must say I don't blame him. I'm thankful to have known Clara Richardson Wilson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is so sweet of the husband. death is such a hard thing to accept, but it is true that heavenly father knows how long we should be here and what our purpose is.
our prayers will be with you as you go through the rest of this ordeal.
I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's never an easy thing to deal with. But sometimes death shows us the beauty of life, just as you've described.
lovely post.
This post quite literally gave mr goosebumps.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Markus' family.
Post a Comment