11.15.2007
Happy Birthday to ME!
At 25, I'm now closer to 30. Yikes! And I don't even have kids yet! Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I have talked so much about kids and base everything on and around the fact that I don't have them. But that thought has become more pleasant to me now than ever before. I'm trying to learn to take things as they come to me and just appreciate the now and what I have and not what I want that isn't in the NOW. Hard, but I'm so grateful for my life and the man I chose to spend the rest of my life with. Lately I've been blinded by what is right in front of me. Not sure how that happened. Now to what I'm getting at... Markus did the simplest thing today for my birthday that just made a huge impact on my whole day. I had to go to work and wasn't happy about that, etc. He took the day off to be with me, but I was stuck at work. He went shopping for a gift. Came up empty-handed (or at least I thought). Get home with my small assortment of gifts from people at work and he says I have something for you on the armoire. I didn't see anything until I walked right up to it and found a pink envelope waiting for me to open. It was a birthday card. I don't even know the last time I got a card from Markus. Never since we have been married, but today for some reason he decided I needed one. I don't think I smiled that big when I opened it than I have for a while now. That meant the world to me. He wanted to take me to the mall so we went, and I just didn't want anything. Couldn't make my mind up, etc. So we left with nothing for me, but it's okay because we were together. Oh how I cherish the togetherness. That is more to me than any gift a store can offer. I love you, Markus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so sweet, I love cards too.
Happy Birthday!
#1...happy birthday!
#2...aren't husbands sometimes the most amazing animals???
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That's the sweetest thing! I LOVE getting cards! Kent never buys them either but when he does I swear I always cry! Markus is just too sweet!
Post a Comment