1.18.2009

Our Needs Are Met

I just wanted to share a little bit of what is going on in our little lives right now. The week before Thanksgiving I took on a 2nd job. Not really a necessity at the time, but later found out (the next week) why I took it. The week of Thanksgiving Markus got an ultimatum by his Branch Manager to become fulltime (40+ hrs/week) or leave so they could hire someone who could. I call it the "Ultimatum" because in my opinion there was no choice for Markus to work there any longer. Clearly school was more important, duh! I mean for crying out loud it was his silly job that was keeping him from finishing school. (Which was also another necessity in life= a college education). So he lead them to believe he would see what he could do and the manager told him to let them know by Christmas. Well Christmas Eve Markus told him there was just no way (he was trying to buy himself time to get a job). Somehow Markus was able to work there until he started school. That was good because goodness knows we needed it to help pay for his school. So Markus no longer has a job. The money we managed to set aside to pay for his schooling we desided we should pay for what we could and defer the rest so we could live on the remaining until we figure out the job situation. So needless to say I've been a bit worried (which wouldn't even begin to describe it) and we get a phone call on Friday. It's my MIL calling her son and offering him their old car. They wanted to donate it to us. I couldn't believe my ears. A 2nd car. What's that????? So tomorrow we will have a 2nd car. Which to me is a necessity after almost a year of being without it. Boy do I ever miss it. O for those who want to debate it with me, just let me throw out I have a Stake calling... 'Nough said, right? Thanks that is what I thought. As if that isn't enough, we will be donating my old car to a charity. So it's amazing to me how the charity keeps going around. And how a crappy situation can really be a sweet one if you make it. We have always tried to help those around us and it is nice that when things aren't looking up for us that it is being returned to us. One of Markus' friends is trying to get him a job so I really hope that works out. I thank the Lord that we have what we need. We do enjoy our wants right now, but ultimately our needs have been met and I owe that all to a loving Father in Heaven who knows exactly what we are going through and sees to it that we are taken care of. I'm truly so grateful for what I have. Though Markus and I don't have children I think the Lord knows the desires of our hearts and will see to it that we are blessed with one of HIS children when we NEED to be and that time is not right now. Obviously.

3 comments:

Kristen C said...

I am so glad everything is starting to look up.

Jessica said...

Jenn, no job for hubby sucks. I know. Thank goodness for blessings! Oh, and we only have one car but I sure wish we had a second one! It would be very nice. Good luck.
BTW, what's your calling?

Omi said...

it sure is nice when you start to see how the Lord decides to answer your prayers and pour out blessings! there is a reason for everything!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin