12.22.2008
My Unselfish Husband
Markus calls me from work today to report his bonus for Christmas. Not the usual Gift Certificate to Honey Baked Ham. Hmm weird since the raises are being deferred, no reason for him to stay now. (that's another story) He got a gift card and proceeded to ask me what I wanted for Christmas. How sweet, right? You betcha. I told him he should get something with it. But if that was unselfish enough... seems every Christmas Markus and I opt not to get each other gifts and just give to our friends and family. That is probably the only tradition we've held up through our 3 years of marriage. It's something we try to afford every year, but just don't or can't for whatever reason. And Markus with no compliant happily gets for others and not for himself. I just love that about him. Granted he claims he's gotten everything he wants this year, but to think of me for his Christmas bonus was just so sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey that is a me and Brett tradition as well!!! Not always by choice but it somehow works out that way...
Post a Comment