After such a down pour of rain last night/ this morning I walked outside to find the four o'clocks had a line through the flower bed. That would be from the water. The roots were all exposed and one of them was even slumped over. In an effort to save them, I decided they need to be moved somewhere else. I grew them from seeds and I really wanted to see them flower, not die. So I sat in wet to pull weeds to make room for a new bed. I hope they don't get beat up by the rain again. Four o'clocks get their name from the flowers that bloom only in the late afternoon (4pm) and die before the next day generally.
I also realized this week that this variegated bush in my yard was in fact what I thought it was... a HYDRANGEA! Here's a pic. It's not the mophead kind (what most people think they look like).

This is what they call lace cap hydrangeas and the one I have in my yard (variegated) isn't very common. How cool is that? I'm really excited, because I love love love hydrangeas. I'm going to get a pretty pink one to put on the other side of this one.
1 comment:
I LOVE hydrangeas too! I wanted to have them for our wedding, but they were beyond the budget and the timing of July.
Post a Comment