Last year I wanted to do something different for Mother's Day, so instead of the usual go to church with my mom then go to see my MIL for dinner... I decided my POST HERE may be a new tradition for Mother's Day until we have kids. Seems like the past 7 or so years Markus and I have been together we have always done everything with his family for any kind of holiday. So I thought it would be nice to change things up a bit and have my mom over for Mother's Day. Last year I bought a bistro set which I was super excited about and we had dinner in the garden :). Which is a love of me and mother. It was very nice. Markus even liked eating outside and he never likes it, but went along with my mom's suggestion to eat outside, so we did. I think mom really enjoyed it especially since she was by herself and my other sisters weren't doing anything special for her. So I told mom we'd do this as long as I wasn't a mom, cause when that happens it will then be my day. Of course I told her we won't forget her, but I would be the QUEEN then :) So I've been working on a menu for her. Last year she must have loved my spinach balls so much that was her only request... something spinach. I will post the menu soon when I get it finalized.
What kind of things do you do for your mother on Mother's Day? Anything special, sweet? I just think it's a day of such honor and it's fun to wait on mom for once :) Now if I can just get Markus to do something like this for his mom then we would be in business. Esther, don't hold your breath, remember he's still in training.
4 comments:
I like your idea of being a queen when your a mother. I have two and mothers day for me isn't very exciting (thats my husbands fault).
I think that sounds great! How nice to make a tradition not just of spending time with the mothers, but to do something nice for them.
I have no idea what mother's day holds in store this year. Chris will be out of town and I'll be at my parents' house, which also means I'll get to my my grandma. Maybe we'll get my dad to grill something so we don't have to cook. : )
That's very sweet Jenn! Hmmmm, i have some thinking to do to try to be creative from here! not sure what yummy foods would travel in the mail well? yes, need to do some thinking!!! luvs!
Lovely, lovely idea. You might add in a new framed picture of you and Markus for her each year - even after you become a Mom yourself. Then you could add a new family picture for her. I would LOVE that from my kids....
You are a sweetie.
Post a Comment