**favorites of this picture: Markus' feet WAAAYY up in the air, Kathryn sitting back to enjoy, Daniel leaning forward to take a peek, and Lydia turning around looking at me**
Overall the funeral service @ St. Patricks was nice. Much more personal than I remember Daddy's memorial service here almost 5 years ago. The military burial was certainly like deja-vu all over again. Of course I didn't make it through taps. As soon as I heard the horn, tears began to fall. What an honor to be buried this way though. There is something about seeing the American flag drapped over the casket of your loved one and to know the honor and sacrifice that go behind it. It's hard to say good-bye. I'm so grateful that one day I will be reunited with my Paw-Paw. I'm sure it was a sweet reunion between him and his 2 children that have gone before him. We were lucky to have know him and honored to have been called his grandchildren. This day made me proud to be a LeBlanc and the heritage behind the name and the legacy Paw-Paw left for us. He will be truly missed. Once again I'm sad that my children (one day) won't have had the opportunity to know their paw-paw (my dad) and my paw-paw (their great), but the stories and memories will live on. Easter Sunday will never be the same in our family... I just can't believe I didn't see him on Easter Sunday like I had planned on. That was the only thing I wanted (other than the Easter egg hunt) to do and neither happened.







5 comments:
Im sorry for your loss, but we have to remeber life has to be better on the other side. You're a stronger women for the loses in your life.
Isn't faith and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation a great blessing. This is a lovely, post Jen. It was great to see the pictures of your family.
Love and miss ya!
Isn't faith and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation a great blessing. This is a lovely, post Jen. It was great to see the pictures of your family.
Love and miss ya!
Your post is beautiful Jennifer. I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though we're fortunate enough to know the plan of salvation, it still doesn't stop us from missing our loved ones. You and your family are in my prayers. *hugs*
Beautiful post Jenn, really wish I could have been there. He was such a sweet man, he will be missed I am sure. I agree with u on the military funeral ceremony, they r amazing. great pics too! I love the one with Markus' feet in the air on the swing....daddy in the making for sure! love u guys!
Post a Comment