4.12.2009

Easter Sunday

I was excited to go to church today in my new dress I got from my trip to Florida. I loved it. It almost felt like I was a kid again getting a new Easter dress :) I was going to take some pictures after church in front of the temple but it started raining as soon as we got out go figure. We had Easter dinner/lunch (all the same) at my mom's house. I was excited cause all my sisters that live here were there, (miss you Jolie). It was nice to be together. It probably only happens once a year if we are lucky. Markus was feeling a bit out numbered since he was the only boy there other than Naomi's son, Daniel. Needless to say he kinda sat there like a bump on a log for a good majority of the time. His mom called and even invited him to come over by himself. I had to laugh. He probably would have been much happier there than at my moms. I got some cute shots of the kids. They make me laugh. Course some of them were cranky so Markus was a bit over that, but maybe when it's his kids crying he won't be as annoyed, or will he? Who knows but here are some cute pics I took:

Ashley as Tinkerbell
Ashley cheesing it for Auntie Jenn
(her mom says she never smiles for her)
Lydia playing phone with Grammie with a spatula
Lydia got the biggest kick out of playing phone...
Angie holding our newest nephew Braden. What a cutie!
Jazz got a new Easter dress too. I thought this was hilarious
Daniel looking out the window at all that rain
Daniel playing with the spatula/phone while he has one of those minature people stuck in his mouth. You know those 80s people that went in trains or something.
A close up of Braden sucking his thumb while trying to get himself to sleep
Chunky monkey at 15lbs and only 2 months old. Gotta love it.

Well there you have it the adventures we had on such a rainy Easter Sunday. I was a bit disappointed we didn't have our Easter egg hunt, but oh well. The kids certainly didn't know the difference that is for sure. Happy I got to be with my family for Easter. I'm so grateful for such a beautiful season that helps us come unto Christ. For after all He is Risen. He lives! I'm thankful for this day to celebrate His resurrection. Hope yall had a Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

The person he was sucking on is a "Little People"...we ♥ them at our house, but now they make these fat ones that are a bit harder to suck on. (We have the new ones, but the old ones are for sell at Target right now)
The fairy wings are so cute and even when it is your own child, a
whiny annoying cranky child still grates your nerves and makes you want to run away (but then you get over it as they take their nap)

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Jolie said...

Miss u guys! glad we have blogspot and FB to keep in touch! Maybe one of these years before i'm too old and frail to travel I may actually find a decent man who loves me, my family and travels with me routinely to visit mine and his....maybe....in a dream world....maybe =)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Those kids look like a lot of fun. Braden was cracking us up in RS on Sunday. He sang along as loud as he could to the whole closing song. I had tears I was laughing so hard!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenn, it's been to long. Naomi has kids, isn't the one just younger then you. I remember her as a young teenager. I guess we all have to grow up sometime right! My 6 month old is 16 pounds, I love chunky babies ( The only time it's cute to be fat).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin