10.16.2008

A New Adventure

A couple of weeks ago there was a nice old lady that stopped by my house one Sunday afternoon. Not knowing who she was, I was reluctant to open the door, but she seemed nice enough. She was a lady in the neighborhood who just happens to live in my favorite house in our neighborhood. She was trying to promote the new up and coming Homeowner's Association. After minutes of talking to her and getting very excited with her, I volunteered to be the treasurer if needed. She just informed me 2 days ago, that if I'm still interested they could use my help. So you're looking at the Treasurer for the Homeowner's Association for our little neighborhood. I'm excited for this actually. My mom discouraged me a bit about it, but that isn't anything unusual. I feel good about the fact that I can give back (if you would call it that) to my community and more importantly where I live. So we will see how that goes. The first meeting is this weekend. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

KathiNiels said...

Good for you!

Jolie said...

Overachiever!! hee hee kidding--that's really cool, it will be a great experience for u--i've always found one of the hardest things to do is motivate people and encourage participation --u will definitely get to sharpen those skills--good for u and good luck!

Kristen C said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!

thecaillouets said...

talk to holly bonnette about that "calling" she did it for our neighborhood but resigned. not a pleasent experience for her. i hope you have a better time at it then she did.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin