10.08.2008
I've Been Thinkin'...
About Finding joy in the journey. At Conference Pres. Monson kept repeating that phrase over and over. It has since stuck in my mind and sat there for the past few days. Initially when I heard it, it sounded familiar and instantly made sense. Then I tried to figure out where I had heard it before. It had to have been from church somewhere along the line that is was said and now I just can't remember where. But what a profound statement and at times hard. Not to say the task is impossible, but being positive is quite the struggle for me at times. I guess you could say it's a weakness of mine, so naturally when I heard this of course I immediately thought he was speaking straight to me. Imagine that?!? Exactly how am I going to go about doing that, well I'm going to try to see more of the posititve in things. It's hard, but it's not impossible as I have thought at times. It was nice to hear how he talked about difficulties in the people's lives he gave examples from, yet through it all were able to see the joy. Joy can be present even in troubling times. Like my family, at one point or another when drama sets in, I'm amazed how we are able to unite together and work through it. And oh what a joy that is, togetherness. It's funny how that works. So how are you going to "Find Joy in the Journey"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was an efy theme! So maybe you heard it then. There was also a song.
Post a Comment