I find it funny how as adults we have similiar traits of our parents/upbringing. One day Markus and I were discussing this at length of how everytime he went somewhere he was supposed to call his mom when he got there or call when coming home. I still to this day can't get used to this. He wants me to do the same thing anytime I leave the house. I usually wind up forgetting and then he's like you never called. In that same conversation we also talked about how his mom always asks the same questions when she calls. I of course laughed at this because I've noticed the same thing in her, but in HIM also.
Here are some of the typical questions/responses:
How's it going?
What did yall do today?
What's going on?
I was just calling to say hey!
I was just calling to see what was going on!
I was just thinking about you!
So with those things in mind, here is the last conversation Markus and I had (btw we are both at work):
Jenn: Hello! (I answered the phone)
Markus: Hey! (typical when he's bored or at work)
Jenn: What's up? (he called me)
Markus: Nothin' (always the response)
Jenn: Well what are you doing right now?
Markus: Walkin'
Jenn: O, Ok.
Markus: Well I was just calling to say hey and see how you were doing!!!! (this is his mother made over)
Jenn: Ok, well I've got to get back to work.
Now I did spare some of the details, but Markus just loves to call me at work (while I'm busy) and tell me he's bored or that it's the slowest part of the day or just to say hey! I'm not complaining, just thinking of how similiar he is to his mom and how he sometimes hates when she calls and has nothing else to say, but HEY! hehe I just love it.
Me and my assistant joke sometimes when the phone rings and it's like, "hmmm... I wonder who that is?" Markus has his own ring on my phone so I will always know when he's calling.
Love you hunny!
p.s. Esther if you are reading this we love you and aren't you glad your son took something he learned from you and is still using it today? Love you!
1 comment:
Bart always wants me to call, too...it bugs me b/c I never really had to do that growing up...he did. He totally gets it from his mom.
Oh, and aren't the "what 'cha doin'?" calls the best/worst?
At least we know they love us!
Post a Comment