We've been looking forward to this weekend ever since we knew our friends Helen & Heber were coming into town. See we were supposed to go visit them this weekend in Houston, but she called and told me they would be in BR for a wedding. I must say yesterday was a blast. Filled with lots of fun. I took some cute shots of them and Dixon is just the cutest thing.
Helen, Heber and Dixon looking at our LSU scrapbook album.
Dixon and I playing on the deck/patio with the hose. He was about to spray me when this photo was shot. He just barely missed my camera.
My Grandpa made this "choo choo" for us as kids and Dixon decided he wanted to sit and ride. This was the best shot we could get with the camera. I really couldn't stop laughing. I thought it was hilarious. While Helen kept prompting him to stay and ride the choo choo.
On another thought, I'm so grateful to live in AMERICA and be an AMERICAN. We enjoy so many luxuries of living in a free country, I think we have become so complacent with that. I just wanted to express my love of what I've been given. I'm eternally grateful to be born and raised here in the United States of America. I know not everyone in the world is given that. I'm thankful that the Lord saw fit to see that this country could be free and the people here could worship as they please. And that we have the gospel of Jesus Christ here today. And also that women (later in history, but presently today) can vote and have what we enjoy today. I know that took a lot of hard work to get us to the point that women are at today. I'm proud to say I definitely exercise my right to vote and to work, etc. Thanks to all who made this wonderful country what it is today, more importantly the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ and his Father, Heavenly Father.
4 comments:
Wow it is good to see Helen & Heber and little or should I say big Dixon. He is a dead ringer of his mommy. Cute pics!
I love you, Jenn. I coming to BR in September. Would love to see you! I will let you know more details, later.
Hugs!!!!!
Our 4th sucked. Calyn was sick so we had to stay home all weekend. We did buy some steaks and grill them up though. Love the picture of you and Marcus at the top.
I knew you were dead meat when that PB store opened up at the mall:)
I haven't seen helen and the crew in forever...seriously, dixon was so little...now he is a little boy...and a cute one to boot.
Post a Comment