11.26.2011

Oh Christmas tree! Oh Christmas tree!

Also on the day after Thanksgiving (after the game, as you can tell) we hopped on over to the big box retailer to pick us out a tree. We opted for a smaller one which is unusual, but it works and is still pretty ;).


I sort of dragged my feet on picking out a color scheme for my tree. Markus wanted blue of course! But last year was the blue tree as we awaited for the arrival of our son. And trust me for someone who doesn't really care for blue, I've had plenty of it this year! So I opted for red and silver. Why those colors? Well a couple of years ago (the year my tree fell over) Markus' sweet Papa gave me some of his wife's (Grandma Clara) ornaments. Do you remember the 80s soft stringy ornaments? Where if you had a hang nail it would ruin them. Well as I was looking through my ornaments and got the feeling like kids get on Christmas morning while opening presents when I saw them. Bright red in all their glory and memories of those who once so enjoyed them... And I knew that the tree would have red on it this year. I hadn't done red since 2009. I lost so Many of my favorite ornaments that year. Anyways so here's the tree less the topper cause idk about that yet. The one I have is too skinny to fit one the tree.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin