I had to take a couple of days to get over my little tragedy. It was quite the emotional experience. I honestly still can't believe my Christmas tree fell over. We weren't home, so I'm not sure how it happened. But when Markus secured it in the tree stand, it didn't look good. It seemed like it was leaning and I just didn't have a good feeling about it. I even remember telling him, I'm not going to put my ornaments on this tree until it's secure. He fiddled with it some more and assured me it was fine. Of course me and my skeptism (I see now) he had to convince me a couple of times. Long story short, even after my angel MIL brought me a GC to my fav store for ornaments PIER ONE, I still didn't want to put ornaments on that tree. I refused to go through it again. So we took it back. Let me repeat, I returned my Christmas tree. They took it. And to boot, we couldn't find one that I liked. Imagine that? So I'm going to try looking for one again at lunch and see what they have at the other Lowes.
A little History: At Christmas we didn't really get much. I remember that as a kid. Every year the only thing I wanted to do at Christmas (even as a child!) was decorate the tree and the mantle. Ask my sisters, they would probably say the same thing. I was just MY thing. I love it. So no matter what we got a Christmas, as long as I had a Christmas tree and a mantle to decorate that was all I needed. Little did I know how true this would be for me/us as an adult. Markus and I never exchange gifts. Actually we have once, our first Christmas together Markus spent his whole Christmas bonus he got on Christmas Eve mind you on me. I was so surprised. He went to PIER ONE!! :) It's not because we don't want to, but because we never have the money and choose to take what little we can scrap together to buy for our families and buy a few ornaments for me. So needless to say the tree to ME stands for a lot more than just pretty. It really is the only thing I do for me at Christmas. And when it fell... it wasn't pretty. I cried. And cried. I just couldn't imagine starting over, especially knowing I couldn't by ANY ornaments this year. I even made some, just because I wanted something new/different. But I'm trying to move on. It really helped that we could get rid of that tree. On to the next best thing, I hope :)
6 comments:
aww i am so sorry about your tree. stop by the flea market this weekend. i've got some monograhmed ordiments for you and markus. not much but a start. i'll be in both 436 i think. back row near the food and bathrooms. jeni
What an awesome MIL you have to bring you a little GC to help out...it might not make it "all" better, but it is a start.
Hugs!
That sucks about the tree and your ornaments!! I have full faith that you'll be able to find the perfect tree. I'm sure what you end up with will be absolutely gorgeous! You're amazing!
aww Jenn I am so sorry about your tree! It can only go up from here, right? UM your blog is beautiful, I think I need to go christmas-blog-shopping!
I'm sorry darlin'! send me your address.
Oh....keep lookin...ul find it! and i will share a secret that my bug everybody else that comes to my house but i really don't care....IF for some reason i don't get to get my Christmas stuff up as early as I would like OR i decide i love it so much i want to see it longer.....i simply LEAVE IT UP LONGER! So....ur 25 days of Christmas CAN be extended if u want to! loves!
Post a Comment