4.17.2008

I've Learned...

I don't relate very well to a lot of my friends. It's become more than just an observation, it's more like... an annoyance. As time goes by and I find out that more of the people around me are having babies and I'm not, it's not so annoying to me. Weird I know. When Markus and I first got married that was all I could talk about was babies, oh and having them. I would get mad at him not wanting to hear about it and my friends just popping up "prego". Some days I would just sit there and cry and wonder why not me. I mean after all it was a righteous desire, RIGHT? I wished my daddy could've been here to be papa and all the other things that can run through a woman's head. But through the years, especially now with us buying this house I've really come to grips with my life and what being happy is all about. Not so much about having more (a baby), but with what I have now and what it means to me right NOW. As strange as it sounds, I think it was meant for us to buy this house and for me to have a "baby" per say, especially now that it is spring. I'm out in the yard every weekend and during the week before dark. I can't tell you how excited I was that the time changed. Daylight longer.... Yay! I love taking care of it and doing all the fun projects I can come up with. I like the fact that I'm content with my life and I'm truly happy with my husband. I know that kids will come, but not everything can go by Jenn's plan. Even though I think it will (I know after all these years). The Lord has a way of giving us the desires of our heart even if it isn't the way we think it should be. I am so blessed to have my husband share my life with me and to learn along with me. Ha he's been telling me this all along, we should enjoy it being just us. I am and I love it. He is more right than I am on some issues and this is one where he wins the cake.

Just wanted to say that.

I love you honey and I'm happy with what we are. Just US.

4 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Good for you, Jenn! You've got it figured out. Sheryl Crow has a song that says, "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got". I love that.

Jessica said...

sometimes it is really hard to figure out Heavenly Father's time line. And sometimes it really stings to not get what you want when you want it.
I'm glad you are happy and I hope you always remain that way.
Because, isn't being truly happy what it's all about?

The Awesome Rawsons said...

I've been thinking about your post for the last couple of days. You've inspired me to be in the moment. Thanks for teaching me to be happy where I am with what I have and what I don't. love you

Cherie' said...

I agree, it is so important to be in the now. Also, if it is one thing I have learned this year is that Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone and when he is ready for you to have a baby, sell your house, quit your job or anything else that you really, really want it will happen when he feels it is absolutly best for you or it will not because he has important things planned for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin