This is such an unusual sight. Oh and I have never even noticed the drains were 2 different colors. Sad, but true. I also discovered through this 1 week adventure that my sink has a little built-in dispenser for the soap, oh and it also has a sprayer thingy which I'm still not used to. I used it though this week and could actually see it and remembered I had it to use. The picture cuts it off, but I have this little pull out half-way drawer thing that holds like brushes and sponges and stuff. That is why the sink is so clean of clutter. I'm going to start putting it to good use.
4.27.2008
Chronic Dirty Dishes Syndrome
Markus and I suffer from CDDS. Those who know us well or have ever been to our house know that we don't do dishes. Well let me rephrase that. We wait at least 1-2 weeks to do our dishes or until we don't have any glasses or silverware to use, whichever comes first. Then once that has been reached we play this "it's your turn" game. Which never works for us. Oh, or the "let's have people over" game. That one always proves to be successful at getting the house cleaned up, but usually the dishes are the last thing to get touched and sometimes don't before our dinner party. I try everything to get out of not doing the dishes from playing the "it's your turn" game to the "i'm not cooking in a dirty kitchen" routine. This might prove to be amusing to some of you (that is one reason why I'm sharing), but it's for real. This is our life, as pathetic as it is. So to the real reason of my rant... I have a confession to make. For one whole week I have a an empty sink at night. EVERY night. What a great feeling it is. I must say I've never experienced the feeling, but I like it. And we haven't had anyone over and I've even cooked a few times this week. I don't know how long this will last around here, so to document the accomplish I have taken a picture of how the sink looks tonight and has for 7 whole days. Please use caution while viewing the following material. Please do not try this at home!
This is such an unusual sight. Oh and I have never even noticed the drains were 2 different colors. Sad, but true. I also discovered through this 1 week adventure that my sink has a little built-in dispenser for the soap, oh and it also has a sprayer thingy which I'm still not used to. I used it though this week and could actually see it and remembered I had it to use. The picture cuts it off, but I have this little pull out half-way drawer thing that holds like brushes and sponges and stuff. That is why the sink is so clean of clutter. I'm going to start putting it to good use.
This is such an unusual sight. Oh and I have never even noticed the drains were 2 different colors. Sad, but true. I also discovered through this 1 week adventure that my sink has a little built-in dispenser for the soap, oh and it also has a sprayer thingy which I'm still not used to. I used it though this week and could actually see it and remembered I had it to use. The picture cuts it off, but I have this little pull out half-way drawer thing that holds like brushes and sponges and stuff. That is why the sink is so clean of clutter. I'm going to start putting it to good use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well that is kinda me. I sometimes leave them for 2 days in a row, but around our house that is a really bad thing because that means the sink in over flowing with dirty dishes. I just hate that you have to do them every day. Otherwise I would not mind doing them.
I have a confession, I also suffer from CDDS. Amazingly, my sink is empty right now, but only because I did 2 1/2 loads of dishes in the dishwasher yesterday. Since I stay home now it is a lot easier, but I still have relapses.
Isn't that the BEST feeling ever?!?! I guess I have a little bit of my mom in me because I can't STAND having dishes in the sink before I go to bed. It just leaves me feeling..umm...REFRESHED! Sad that something like that could make you feel so good...but it does! Keep up the good work!
we suffer from the same disease...only we must have WAY less dishes then you, because we run out after two-three days. maybe i need to go shopping and get more dishes.
Post a Comment