About a month ago I started pluggin figures into Turbo Tax for Markus and I's taxes. I got really mad about half way through because we were coming out with paying the IRS. So I quit and whined about it for like a month. Well I finally faced the facts that I would not only have to finish it, but I might as well see if I can get it to go down. Finally after 1 hard week of working on this every waking moment it feels like, I got it to a REFUND of $20. Don't laugh... I'd much rather get $20 from the stinkin IRS than paying out almost $1000 anyday. So I'm almost happy. I'm going to try a few other things I dreamed about last night, like this 24-in IMac I'm staring at and we'll see what results it yields. It was a happy ending to such a crappy thing of giving the government more money. Pretty good for not having any kiddies to give us a child tax credit.
P.S. This is our first year of itemizing and beating the standard deduction! All those years of paying tithing and not deducting have paid off for us. I went back to 2002. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment