My friend Courtney gave a wonderful recap of the last 10 years. So in keeping with the same spirit, I thought I'd try my hand at this.
10 years since I moved out of Mom's house (for the first time) and started beauty school
9 years since I moved back from Seattle and graduated Beauty school
8 years since I met Markus and feel in love and all that mushy stuff
7 years since I took pictures with my Daddy for the last time in his life (I will forever cherish them too)
6 years since Markus became LDS (Mormon) and I lost my Daddy and friend
5 years since Markus and I joined hands for eternity
4 years since we got to pay for our own LSU Football Season tickets (and oh the memories of doing so)
3 years since we became homeowners
2 years since Markus started LSU and we got Bogey!
1 year since Markus gave the "OK" to start a family and we both got new jobs
It's been a fun 10 years filled with too many memories to list. I cannot believe how much life has changed in just 10 years. This year has brought about changes as well too. We found out we were expecting our first child! What blessings that has brought to our lives. I'm just amazed the miracles God performs when one of His children get ready to enter into this world. I'm so grateful for the time Markus and I have had just the 2 of us. Too many people jump into parenthood these days and it's said because I've seen firsthand the kids suffer because of it. The good Lord knew we were ready to commit ourselves to adding to our little family and we are so excited. As you can see from above, Markus and I have had many many years to build, and create memories and we are looking forward to continuing to do so with our son who appears will be coming in the New Year/Decade!
So in Memory Of 2010...
I attempted to rekindle relationships I thought had no chance and it's been nice.
I thought I would NEVER live to see the Saints win a SuperBowl Title. Even if I'm not a Saints fan, that really got Louisiana Rollin'.
I've been able to live out my favorite number of years, 27, in just the way I imagined I would... PREGNANT!
Met my soon-to be BIL, Brack and he is amazing. Sad they don't live closer!
I've tested out my mad skills of furniture refinishing and have found my new obsession!
Got my dream ride! (A carseat in the back of the SUV)
Released from my Stake YW Calling and 3 weeks later called right back into the program!
Lost my Guest Bedroom
Skipped out on most of the LSU Football Season (hey 1st time for everything) and kinda liked it.
That is the short version. Looking forward to what 2011 holds. I guess you just never know what will get thrown your way and the ride you will go on in a years time. So here's to 2011. Oh how excited we are to meet what you have in store :)
No comments:
Post a Comment