My family came over on Christmas Day for Brunch. I had a lot of fun in the preparations of the big day. I did my fair share of worrying due to the fact that I didn't know if I would be in labor, the hospital or enjoying my Christmas morning at my house with my family. But I got a clean house out of it if nothing else :) Who doesn't love a clean house? I must have enjoyed myself so much that I didn't get any pictures of my cutesy table or my family. I did manage to take a few pictures of some opening gifts, but I was so rushed that I didn't get the right setting on my camera so they really don't look that great. To set the scene, let me expound on the festivities...
I had 10 well 9 people at the "big kid" table. The big kid table consisted of my table plus a banquet table borrowed from my in-laws. I chose white plastic table cloth cause I knew there would be spillage and I didn't have anything that matched to cover both tables. Then I put my pretty red runner down the center with the jewels on the end and sprinkled snowman and big snowflakes on the center of it. Then I alternated my plates (square and round) cause I didn't have enough for 10 people (well 9) and that turned out pretty cute and uniform looking. Each person had their name at the place setting, a cute snowman napkin (blue!) and a blueberry candy cane. It was stinking cute!!
I had a "little kid" table too which I was very proud of. It was Trevor's play table from the nursery and the cute green stools from IKEA. I put this table square that Markus' Aunt Ursula gave me on the top and followed the same general theme from the big kids table. The kids actually used it too! I was very impressed :)
I invited my mom & sister's to do a cookie exchange which was a big hit in my book. I found these cute little blue polar bear buckets for everyone to take their cookies in. My favorite cookies were my sister Angie's that were mint chocolate chip. They were awesomeness! I think that should be our new tradition every year. Everyone got into it, which was super fun :)
The missionaries joined us for brunch and then shared a nice message about our Savior, Jesus Christ with us. It was nice for those who listened. Everyone seemed to be preoccupied with opening gifts cause Natalie had to leave early, right in the middle of the message to be exact. I was sad more didn't care to pay attention. The Elders were so kind to share a wonderful Christmas message with us.
We opened gifts and got games from Omi which we played one of them called, Smart Ass. Angie got this game and her daughter kept repeating it... I laughed, but picked up on things not to do/say around little kids. Wow! Lesson learned.
John managed to be so miserable from the moment he walked in the door that he found his way in the corner sitting on the floor and then asleep on the couch. So the girls went into the nursery to play with the kids. It was fun to watch them in Trevor's space. I'm looking forward to seeing Trevor grow in the nursery I have worked oh so hard to create for my little Sweet Pea.
After everyone left, Markus and I relaxed on the couch and zoned out. We went through quite a bit to get everything ready that it was so nice just to be still. I love those moments with him. Markus takes them more often than I, but when I do... so worth it.
Overall, Christmas Brunch was filled with awesome food, good company and with my family... NEVER A DULL MOMENT!
The Menu:
Jenn: Baked Cheese (Cayenne) Grits, Scrambled Eggs
Mom: Blueberry & Pecan Pancakes (smiley face ones for the kids)
Angie: Hashbrowns with Sausage, Bacon & Cheese
Natalie: Juice, pumpkin muffins
Naomi: Milk, juice, Sausage, Bacon
Now that we are all hungry... hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment