7.22.2010

A New Calling

I was released from my responsibilities of working with the Stake YW.  For those not involved in my church reading this, that means I was working with "young women" in our region (BR, Gonzales, Lafayette, New Iberia, Morgan City, Plaquemine) and I got the opportunity to visit them at church and plan activities for them.  It was loads of fun but loads of work too!  But I learned so much and I'm so grateful to have had the experiences that I did.  I felt so young and under-qualified in the beginning but quickly found out I was doing what the Lord wanted me to do.  With that experience, apparently after being released the Lord had other plans for me.  I was thinking oh now I can relax.  Ha!  Only 3 weeks later to find out I was being called to be with the YW in my own home ward (congregation).   I felt that coming on and even told Mrs. Rita I think I might be called to be in YW, but we will see.  Sure enough that's what it was!  So after 1 Sunday under my belt (that was like orientation) and 1 Wednesday night activity under my belt (getting into the grove of things) I'm feeling excited and overwhelmed all at the same time.  Excited because I love the youth program at church.  It's amazing and the kids are too.  But overwhelmed because I remember how much I looked up to my youth leaders and I'm just thinking about me being one of those people... and I just don't see myself in the same light.  But anyway it's crazy to think how much things have changed over the years since I was a teenager.  Crazy!  I can't wait to get to know these girls and help bring them closer to Christ and support them in their lives.  It's gonna be great.  I just hope the Lord can help sustain me through this pregnancy and this calling.  I know He can come through for me and pray I can come through for Him and his girls :)

D&C 93:40 But I have commanded you to bring up your achildren in blight and truth. 

Here's to a new beginning!  Cheers!

P.S. I guess that means I'll have to get texting back on my phone, LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YW are great, its funny how their are some you can relate to and some you like what the heck is your deal. Good thing their all the Lords children.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin