12.31.2009

Bye Bye 2009

I don't think I've ever been happier for a "New Year" to come as I have been this year. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure. I'm not really big on roller coaster rides to begin with, much less my personal life feeling like one. Ha! But I couldn't let it just pass me by without touching on the life lessons I've learned while riding.

My faith has been tested and taken to a new level. I've learned how to believe/Trust.
I've learned I can, with God. BIG TIME!
Marriage is hard, harder than I thought it was the first year we were married. I've learned the sweetness of endurance though.
I've learned I loved Markus more than I thought I did. Miracles do happen, and ALWAYS when you least expect it.
Life goes on without you... even though you work 75 hrs+/wk...it goes on
I've learned that I was put in my calling to work with the youth and in nursery at church for a reason. I can make a difference and I'm good at it.
I've learned if it wasn't for the aforementioned above, I wouldn't have been able to keep going this year.
Manage money better. Preparing for kids.
Best friends are put in your life for a reason.
Things work out when you are faithful and have done all you can do. The Lord will carry you.
Listen to that still small voice... He's right you know!
Blessings come with paying tithes
How to cry... a lot
Praying is good for the soul... especially when you do it every day and even better more than once a day
Nauvoo is one of my favorite places I've visited... a beautiful place/feeling
Improvise... eat less food, if you don't have it any... undoubtedly it finds you
Charity really is the pure love of Christ... you can have/give it even though you don't have money
You have to want to keep love alive... It doesn't live because it wants to, it lives because you make it live
If it wasn't for my belief in my church, I would have had a nervous breakdown
I almost didn't need health insurance. Ok the good Lord spared me this year :)

Last but not least, to be grateful. I have really been blessed and just because a storm comes, doesn't mean I still haven't been blessed with so much. When it rains, it pours, but bottom line if we looks towards the Light who is our Savior and our Father in Heaven, ultimately He will clear the storms and it He will make something beautiful of it. We just have to trust Him and He will bless us in more ways than we could have imagined.

I'm grateful for this crappy year. I'm grateful I was able to learn such valuable lessons to take with me for what lies ahead for Markus and I. I'm thankful for my husband. I just had no idea what I would get when I married him. But I discovered a love I haven't seen before this year. A love that can be strengthened in the hard times and tested, but ultimately blessed with the endurance of sharing our lives together. I just never thought I would see the sweetness come from this (year), but Markus and most importantly my Heavenly Father have opened my eyes to something that was more beautiful than I imagined. I'm so grateful I can share all the good and bad times with the person I love the most in this world.

To my hunny bunny, sweet pea, love bug, sweetheart, hunny, baby, baby doll, sweets, lover and anything else I can come up with to call you, it's been a fun ride this year... but let's get on with it :) I love you more!

1 comment:

Karlee said...

This made me a little teary eyed! I LOVE your wording and it is ALL so true...and not just for you! Thank you for that! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin