3.04.2008

My Heart Fell

I received an email from my sister today. I knew something was wrong b/c she is horrible about keeping in touch. Her daughter's name was the subject. Suddenly my stomach didn't feel so good. She had to be rushed to the hospital. I just kept reading on... very very fast. Oh she's still alive. Apparently as of yesterday she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Her blood sugar was so high it wouldn't even register at first. She was very close to going into a coma. My poor Ci Ci. She's just 12 years old and now has a life altering disease. I know my daddy is watching from above and is just shaking his head. See he was diagnosed at my age 25, with type 1 Diabetes. Boy did it change his life. Ours too and we were his kids. I don't know how my sister is handling this. That has been my worst fear since I've known about Daddy's condition... and that is getting it myself. Oh I love you Ciera and Auntie Jenn is praying for you. Hang in there kid. Ahhh...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, that is so sad! I hope that everything works out okay. Luckily she lives in a great time in the world and there is great medicine out there to help.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin