3.06.2008

I'm Quitting COLD TURKEY

Ever since I found out my little niece has Diabetes... I've been thinking. See I have this problem with sugar. I love it and it loves me. And I'm giving it up. Obviously that is hard because it is in EVERYTHING! But I'm going to start slowly and just work my way up from there. I'm not going to eat the ice cream in my freezer or the cookies I'm making for the dinner party or the candy hearts that were 90% off at Hobby Lobby... You know that kind of stuff. Then I can get technical once I can prove to myself that I can do it. This has been a struggle of mine since I can remember. But like my daddy always said, "Baby, you can have all the money in the world, but if you ain't got your health, you ain't got nothin'." And that is coming from a man who struggled his whole life with Diabetes and the temptation sugar was to him. I'm doing this for myself because I need to be a better me and for the kids I will one day have. I just thought I would say it out loud so others can help me too. I promise I'll need it.

1 comment:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Good Luck! I had gestational diabetes and had to follow the diabetic meal plan. It was a pretty good plan though, you might look in to it. The whole idea was to follow the plan to keep your sugar levels pretty even through out the day so that you don't get to a point that you have to take medicine to control your sugar levels.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin