6.20.2010
Lovely Father's Day Weekend!
Markus was off all weekend, yay! So Friday we went to our church for a Ward Game Night which was super fun! I made that cream cheese & caramel dip for apples and that was a big hit. We played "Do you love your Neighbor?" which was hilarious. I got stuck in the middle a couple of times, Markus even more. He even got picked up by Mitch Sharp which I was hoping he wouldn't be dropped, cause we have more babies to make ya know! Then Saturday we went downtown for Breakfast/Brunch. Markus didn't feel like driving to NOLA for Jazz Brunch at "The Court of Two Sisters". We ate at our usual place, Paul Wong's and told Paul we were expecting. He was very excited and gave me extra fresh blueberries on my waffle. Yum! Then got my tea cakes at the Farmer's Market. I'm so happy Markus has come to love those things. Nothing reminds me of my Grandpa like Tea Cakes. After we were finished there we headed to Denham to visit with Markus' Papa. We brought him a fruit basket for Father's Day. The fruit stand had these nectarines I couldn't resist. After Papa's house, we took a stroll to see Sarah & Eric in Watson. Markus had never seen his sister's house since they moved in so it was time! LOL! I brought her some fresh cut zinnias from her Papa's garden and she gave me a stargazer lily from hers! Score! Coming back home through Denham Markus insisted we go to the nursery to find a Grand Duke which is what Papa had in his garden. Those flowers have the sweetest smell imaginable! We didn't find any, but we did find a passion fruit vine that I will be going back for. We got rained out and had to make a run for the car. Apparently, the rain was scattered cause it didn't take long and it wasn't raining anymore. So we were still heading home through Denham and I begged Markus if we could go in some shops in the Antique Village. And he say YES! I was so happy! I'd never been in any of the shops except the bridal shop where I got my dress from. The first store we went into they were giving away free puppies! I was so tempted and fell in love with their cute little faces. But there was just no way we can have another one right now. Not with baby coming. So we proceeded through the little rooms in this store and there it was... I spotted my first well maybe second thing I wanted to add to the baby nursery. It was an antique looking rocking horse. I was so so so in love with it and wanted to buy it on the spot. It was on sale from $49 to $19. I didn't get it. I know stupid. But I guess I didn't want to buy on impulse. Are rocking horses pretty generic for kids? Or do you only think of a little cowboy on one? I don't know. But I honestly think I might go back to get it on my lunch break or something. But still undecided. So we moved on to other stores. To anyone who likes cutesy stuff like me you have to go into "Mother's & Daughters". I loved everything I saw. Then we went home and tried to figure out where to go out to eat for Markus' Father's Day! We finally decided on Bravo! at the mall. I got the one and only thing I've ever gotten there and it didn't disappoint, even as a pregnant person. I was so happy for that. The meal was good and dessert just as good. Off to Markus' co-worker's little apt to do boy stuff. Yeah Markus said as he happily obliged to take me through the Antique Village in DS that I "owed" him. WEll I paid him back by watching UFC fights at his friend's house. Yeah when I saw blood it was over for me. We left shortly after. But I'm grateful for his friend's who worked for him on Father's Day so he could go to church with me today and get a little recognition. We had breakfast food after church then Markus wanted me to take a nap with him for Father's Day. Yeah small to some, but big task for me. It has gotten easier since I've been pregnant to nap. haha! We've had such a great weekend and I'm so thankful I could be with the man that I love and the Father to my unborn child. Markus I hope it was just as awesome of a weekend for you as it was for me. I love you more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment